Thursday, May 21, 2015

Analogies

Today as I was painting my music room, I thought how this time has been a "remodel" for me as well. I took off the "old wallpaper" and put on something fresh, new, and vibrant. Earlier, when I was trimming my trees, I thought of how important it is to occasionally prune out the "dead wood" in our lives, whether they are people, jobs, ways of thinking, or just bad habits. When the basement flooded with all the recent rain, I compared it to how sometimes life just comes at us too fast and furious and we need some time to soak it all in. And when I broke a non-essential Christmas ornament the other day, I was reminded of how our lives often "break" but with the shards that remain, we can make some beautiful mosaics.

Tonight I am going to the high school graduation of my first class in middle school. The wheel of life keeps turning and we are just along for the ride. I also finished my fabulous life coaching class and have this to offer:
Remember never to make a big decision when you are too hungry, angry, lonely, tired, or sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment