Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Strange Bedfellows

It's not only politicians who find themselves with interesting alliances! I guess as you get older, the point is to have PEOPLE in your life as much as possible. Kids grow up, friends move away, people die. Living an isolated or solitary life is probably the absolute worst thing a person can do for their mental and emotional health.  This often necessitates living situations that are unexpected...

In the past month, I have lived with five different people: my husband, my parents, my daughter, and my ex-husband. In the coming weeks I will be living with my brother and my sister-in-law. Quite an interesting array! Yet, it is wonderful. Each person has brought something good to my life. I am at an age where I can enjoy them all. In fact, I wonder if living in a communal type situation isn't the best solution for all concerned. You have help with household chores and yard stuff, you have someone to share your day with, you have someone to watch a movie with, you have someone to share a meal with. We are social animals! It is not good to be alone... Maybe the politicians have it right (for once!).

1 comment: