Friday, April 10, 2015

Lovin' Every Minute and Reinventing Myself

I have to say I could get really used to having all this time off! I am staying busier than ever and doing things I LIKE rather than things I MUST--dancing, playing guitar, working in the house and yard, traveling. The world feels like it is expanding on a daily basis--so many interesting things to do or try or practice! My latest foray was trying Laughter Yoga with a group of friendly, fun-loving people at a local church. What a positive way to start a day!

Right now my focus has shifted to exploring new career possibilities. I am a month into a life coaching certification. Love the class, the concept, and the information! I get excited about using my counseling skills for a totally positive purpose. Have already done some mini sessions with my class peer group and with my current roommates with good success.

This weekend I start a permaculture design class that meets one weekend a month for seven months. It's all about sustainability and multi-use and becoming more self reliant in a way that works WITH the environment instead of sucking the life FROM it.  I am becoming more and more interested in sustainability and hope to try some straw bale gardening in addition to my regular garden this summer. I also want to volunteer at some of the local farms and take advantage of the farmer's markets in the area more.

Lastly, I have embarked on getting serious about my photography. Took a portrait photography class a couple of weeks ago and did a photo shoot with my sister and her dog earlier this week. Today I am doing engagement pictures for a friend of my daughter. Next week I have my daughter-in-law scheduled to be my guinea pig. I also have two other photography classes coming up and am meeting with a photographer friend next week to see about shadowing or apprenticing with him over the next few months. It is exciting and scary all at the same time. Possibilities!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment